RED WEDDING
I thought that marriage would make
a difference for me. Finally meeting someone that can make me happy , that’s a
really wonderful thing for me. I met Jason 6 years ago. He was tall , blonde
and has this beautiful blue eyes. His body was good in shape and when he smiles
, his dimples could have melt any girls heart. We were attending the same
college. He was a senior which is 2 years older than me. We decided to get
married after I graduated. He got his work. I got mine. And we decided to buy
our own house. We were happy until this house brought a lot of tragedy for me.
While moving in ..
Jason : I’m glad that we have our own house now.
Me : Yea. I didn’t think that we’ll make it this far.
Right beside our house was another newlywed. They moved in
last month. Earlier than we do. Something just came into my mind.
Me : Hey. Hun , should we invite our neighbor to come and
have dinner with us tonight ?
Jason : yea. Sure. It would be fine.
And so , I knocked their front door hoping for an answer. A beautiful
lady came to open the door. She was quite skinny , and has this beautiful wavy
blonde hair.
Me : Hi.
Riley : Hi.
And we both shake hands with each other.
Me : sorry for disturbing.
Riley : no , no. it’s okay. What brings you here ?
Me : oh yea. I’m Lydia. Lydia Norman. Me and my husband just
moved in here. So , we decided to invite you and your husband for dinner
tonight. Will that be okay with you ?
Riley : Riley. uhm. I don’t ..
Patrick : We’ll go. *smiles
Patrick was tall. About Jason’s height. Dark pointy hair. He
seems quite a strong guy for his muscles.
Me : well then. 8pm ?
Patrick : sure , thanks for inviting.
Me : o .. kay. See you guys tonight then.
I smiled and said goodbye. When I was leaving their house , I
noticed that when I was talking with Riley , there’s a sign that she was hit
before. A big bruise on her neck and arms. Many thoughts came into mind. Her husband
was indeed strange too.
After sorting our things out , I cooked dinner while Jason
went to handle some work. That night , Riley and her husband , Patrick came
right on time. Just like they said. I opened the door for them and invited them
to sit down. After that , I called Jason to come downstairs to join us.
When Jason came down , Riley seems to be startled a bit. And
so as Jason. They met eye to eye. And I noticed something strange.
Patrick : so , you guys are newlyweds ?
Me : yea. We just moved in today.
Patrick : where did you guys meet ?
I told him the college that we both attend to.
Patrick : that’s the college where Riley attended before.
What a coincidence huh ?
Right then , I noticed that Riley and Jason exchanging looks
at each other.
Patrick : so do you know my wife ?
Asking the question to Jason. I looked at Jason. Waiting for
an answer.
Jason : No. I’ve never seen her before.
Patrick : really ? well that’s strange. Cause from what I know
, her ex boyfriend’s name was Jason.
I was quite shocked with the statement. Riley and Jason
seems to be startled.
Riley : Patrick , stop.
Patrick : I really thought that it was you. It is right ?
Jason didn’t give an answer. I couldn’t even interfere
because I didn’t know anything.
Riley : Patrick , please.
Patrick : seems like your wife don’t have any clue huh ? why
didn’t you tell her ?
Riley : Patrick !
Patrick : what ?!
Jason : this dinner is over.
Jason stood up and went upstairs. Everyone was shocked.
Riley : sorry. I’m going home.
Patrick : hey hey. Where are you going ?
Patrick : uhm. Thanks for dinner.
I was puzzled. Didn’t know what to do. Who to believe.
Patrick seems to be haunted by the past and seems to lost his mind whatsoever.
After cleaning up the table , I went to see Jason.
Me : hey.
Jason : hey.
Me : you’re okay ?
Jason : I’m fine.
Me : what was that all about ?
Jason : nothing. That ..
Me : tell me Jason. It’s not like I’ve known you for 2 days
or so.
Jason : okay. I admit that she’s my ex. But that was a long
time ago. Okay ?
Me : So why did you say that u didn’t know her ?
Jason : I , I don’t know okay. It just came out.
Me : what ? just came out ? easy for you to say.
Jason : hey hey. Let’s not talk about this okay. Forget it. That
was all in the past. We have nothing to do with each other now. I love you.
He hug me and kissed me gently on the lips.
What we didn’t know is , at Riley and Patrick’s house ..
Patrick : why did you suddenly leave huh ?
Riley : why did you have to bring up the topic ?
Patrick : it’s him right ? Jason ?
Riley : stop it Patrick. It’s all in the past.
Patrick : I was right , wasn’t I ?
Riley : I’m going to sleep.
Suddenly , Patrick’s hand land on Riley’s cheek. I don’t
know for how many times did that hand land on Riley’s soft body. What I know is
, Riley was abused.
The next day , Jason was on his off day while I went to
work. Jason saw Riley moving some stuffs outside her house.
Jason : hey , want some help ?
Riley : no. I don’t need your help.
Jason : o .. kay. Chill. I was just trying to help.
Riley was somehow avoiding Jason in any way. Luckily ,
Patrick was not home that day.
While moving a heavy box , Riley’s foot slipped on the
stairs and dropping the box. Hurting herself. Jason with such manners went to
help Riley out. Of course because he was feeling rather responsible for her.
Jason : I offered you a hand you know. *while moving the box
inside the house
Riley can’t seem to say anything.
Riley : You shouldn’t be here you know.
Jason : let me look at that arm.
Riley had a cut on her right arm.
Jason : where did you put your first aid ?
Riley : at the kitchen. You really shouldn’t do this. Please
, Jason.
But Jason just ignored her. After putting some iodine on the
cut .. Jason noticed the bruised on Riley’s body.
Jason : what happened to you ?
Riley : *quickly hiding her bruises.
Jason : tell me Riley. Patrick ?
Riley : you should really go you know.
Jason : not until you tell me what happened.
Riley : okay. He did hit me ! satisfied ?
Jason : that guy .. !
Riley : stop. He’ll be really pissed off if he knows you’re
here.
Riley force Jason to leave the house. Before Patrick gets
back. Or they’ll both be in big trouble.
But then ..
Patrick : what’s the meaning of this ?
Riley : no , no. it’s not what u think. He was just ..
Patrick : was just what huh ? I shouldn’t have trust you ,
b***h !
And he hit her wife. Again.
Jason : yo , dude. That’s not how u call your wife. I was
just helping her. You should listen to her.
Patrick : listen to what ?! get out before I hit you too.
Jason was trying to protect Riley. But Patrick was too
strong for him. And he ended getting force to leave house anyway. I was
standing there. At our front house. Watching everything.
I too , misunderstood. So I made my way in , feeling hurt.
Jason : no , no. Lydia. Not you too.
Jason was trying to calm me down. i locked the room. Crying alone.
Meanwhile in Riley and Patrick’s house ..
Patrick was extremely angry. The house was in a big mess. Everything
was not under control. I heard everything. The screams , the cries , the chaos.
Jason finally broke our bedroom’s door and quickly gave me a hug.
Jason : I’m , I’m sorry babe. It was all a misunderstanding.
I was helping her because she was hurt. You , you trust me don’t you ?
All I can do was feeling afraid , still crying. But for some
reason , I trust my husband. Maybe because I love him too much. And I know my
husband.
The next day , I was out again. We both were. But Jason got
back into our house to fetch something he forgot. And he heard someone was
crying. Crying for help. From the other side of the wall. There’s a mirror on
the wall. Feeling curious , he broke the mirror. I didn’t know our house was
connected to Riley and Patrick’s house. And there he saw Riley. On her knees ,
crying. Bruises all over her body. Blood shedding.
Jason : oh my God , what did Patrick do to you ?!
Riley : I’m scared Jason. Take me out from this house.
So he brought Riley to our house. Through the connected
secret doors. Jason tried to calm Riley down , and finally she fell asleep.
They accidently fell asleep together , on OUR bed.
I arrived home. Tired from work. When I saw Patrick heading
to our house with a KNIFE in his hand. Somehow I figured out the situation. I hurriedly
lock the door. Every windows and doors in the house. And finally making my way
to our bedroom. Yes , it was just as I thought. But this time , I decided to
trust my husband. And not making any hasty conclusions.
Jason and Riley were shocked to see that I was there.
Jason : Lydia , I can explain.
Me : Yea , I trust you. But you’re in trouble now.
Jason : what ? why ?
A fierce knock on the door.
Riley : he’s here. He’s here to get me.
Jason : who’s here ?
Me : Patrick. With a knife in his hands.
A sudden outburst from downstairs.
Me : damn it.
And I end up going to my husband. Feeling a lot afraid.
Patrick : so here you are. With your boyfriend.
Jason : Patrick , calm down. put down that knife you’re
holding.
Patrick : Shut up ! I’m going to kill both of you.
I was crying silently.
Patrick : you better stay out of this. We’re both in the same
situation now.
He said that to me.
Me : no we’re not Patrick. I trusted my husband , you didn’t.
Jason was touched at my words. Indeed , he truly loves me ,
and was just trying to protect Riley. I finally understand that.
Patrick : shut up !
With the knife in his hand , he approached Jason.
I tried to stopped him but then he pointed the knife towards
me.
He tried to approach them again. I tried to stop him. But finally
, feeling too infuriated , he stab me on my stomach. And letting go of the
knife.
He approached Riley. I don’t know what he’s going to do ,
but I saw I chance there.
Jason : Lydia ! Lydia , are you okay ? *holding my stomach
Lydia : I’m fine. But ..
I passed him the knife. I know that he knows the right thing
to do now.
Jason stabbed Patrick right on the forehead. That wouldn’t kill
him ? would it ?
We quickly get out from the house. We called the police and
the ambulance. Patrick died due to loss of blood. The knife went right into his
brain. It was said as an act of defense so , Jason didn’t get caught by the
police. I would never forget that tragic story. Very tragic. We quickly moved
out of the house then. Riley went back to her family. It turns out that they didn’t
know that she was abused by her own husband.
:: this story was based on my dream last night. Hee. Thanks for
reading J


1 Comments:
you got my attention. nice one. thumbs up. I always forget my dreams. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home